Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I have a response from the SoS office and this is what they have said.

Dear Mr. Bullard:

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Secretary of State.

The Secretary of State's office is not connected to the "Business
Filings Division" solicitation you have received. Our Business Programs
Division web page has an alert which addresses solicitations such as this
and others that are equally misleading. You can find that link at
http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/ under "Customer Alert Regarding
Misleading Solicitations".

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. If you have any
questions, please contact our Legislative and Constituent Affairs office
at (916) 653-6774.

Sincerely,

Legislative and Constituent Affairs
Secretary of State

Again the website is:


I didn't find anything like this when I was trying to research the document. I am not sure if maybe I didn't search the right words or what. Searches can be difficult if you don't know exactly what you are looking for.

I am still waiting for a response from the BBB office and will post this when I receive something from them.

Thank you

Tracy Bullard

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this blog posting.
    I just received this letter and almost cut a check as I know the state takes so long to process and the due date is only two weeks. It has no phone number. I asked a friend that also recently started an LLC and he said they were scammed by a similar letter a couple of months ago.
    Now that I read it again knowing it is a scam I see that it lists the California code and notes that a Statement of Information must be filed. It also does not ask for the payment although in the upper right corner it says Remit Payment: $239 and has a due date. The true fee for this filing with the state is $20. The title of this sheet is Business Filings Division, Statement of Information, Limited Liability Company. It also notes that the Secretary of State can be contacted on the bottom and the catch: "In submitting this form you give Authorization to BDF to sign and file you statement of officers on your behalf". It is a Scam but tricky especially to those people out there that are just trying to do everything they can to follow the laws and work within the behemoth system. DO NOT SEND THIS FORM OR PAYMENT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for setting up this blog. I also received a letter from the "Business Filings Division".

    Without careful reading you'd think it was an official California document.

    What a scam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting this blog. I received this scam letter and was very upset that my small business had to pay another State fee. I am so glad I researched this before I sent the payment, all thanks to this blog. These scam artists are sick! Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For us is too late we already paid for $239.00.
    I just recevied onther for similar but different seal, ask us to $195.00, currently I am on the line vaiting here from SOS, see if this is scam or not.
    Bugg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,The continuous evolution of the environment to ensure the optimum conditions with Incorporation in Qatar for financial services growth.Thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  6. ทดลองเล่น pg slot เว็บเกมสล็อตออนไลน์น้องใหม่จากค่าย พีจีสล็อต ค่ายเกมสล็อตออนไลน์อันดับ 1 ที่ลูกค้าทั่วโลกต่างยกย่องให้เป็นเว็บเกมสล็อตออนไลน์อันดับ 1 ตลอดการ

    ReplyDelete